The Senior Officer will perform activities related to procurement and participate in identifying time and cost efficient methods. He/she will also help in identifying the best possible options related to SCM in both local and global markets.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Audit and provide key advice in developing, reviewing and implementing purchasing process and practice.
- Review and prepare comparatives of requested items (medical and drugs) on key parameters including price, delivery performance and discounts to achieve reduced supply chain costs.
- Develop, compile, reconcile and/or update information in vendors and stock database to provide effective processing, information management and reporting.
- Prepare, verify and review purchase orders.
- Coordinate the overall operation of the hospital’s purchasing function, ensuring good and services are provided at the most competitive rates.
- Obtain quotations for the purchase of medical items and services.
- Monitor organizational procurement trends and implement improved processes.
- Facilitate the Pharmaceutical and Therapeutic committee in developing SOPs, updating the hospital formulary for medical and surgical disposable items.
- Organize meetings, develop agendas and records minutes. These include Purchase Committee, Product Evaluation Committee, CAPEX Committee and Condemnation Committee meetings.
- Prepare comparatives.
- Prepare and ensure the meeting of budget.
- Maintain records of Purchase Orders and Work Orders and all relevant documentation.
- Coordinate with overseas suppliers regarding purchase of different medical equipment.
- Perform all tasks assigned by the Supervisor / Head of Department.