The Dresser on duty will be responsible for the First Aid of patients with trauma, and Post Operative care to the patients undergoing specialist surgery.
This position requires a fundamental knowledge of technical work with orthopedic bracing and casting related activities and procedures.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Wear uniform provided and to be smart appearance when dealing with the patients and attendant.
- Ensure all the dispensary equipment are clean and in good working order.
- Take prescription, re check via HIMS online system and follow as prescribed.
- Provide direct patient care by applying sterile dressing, POP, back Slab, orthopedic splints, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments and applying restrains.
- Care of pressures points as needed.
- Assist in physiotherapy, ambulation and rehabilitation.
- Routine care and cleaning of dressing trolleys, cupboards apparatus, mackintosh etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to identify concerns when communicating with others.
- Dresser plays a key role in providing support.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Nursing Unit HN/AHN/Supervisor Nursing/TL RN.
- Ability to work as an effective member of the team and under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Able to organize and prioritize work demands.
- Carry-out patient’s teaching and demonstration according to the need.
- Counseling the patients, and relatives.
- Observing, recording and reporting of vital signs e.g. T.P.R. and Blood pressure.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor HN/AHN/Supervisor Nursing/TL RN.