TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- IRB Coordinator shall perform following the following primary IRB functions in support of research protocols:
- Advise research personnel in preparing research protocols and subsequent submissions for IRB review.
- Preview research protocol submissions to ensure that individual research protocols involving human subjects are in compliance with regulations, laws and IHHN policies and procedures for conducting research. Approve research as delegated by the IRB chair.
- Review all complete project submissions, determine review type, recommend assignment of reviewers, and recommend exempt status.
- Compose letters that accurately document the determinations of the IRB and describe any revisions required by the research team.
- Evaluate reports of unanticipated problems, amendments, and continuing review applications and prepare recommendations to the committee.
- Maintain IRB-required record keeping and prepare correspondence to IHHN investigators, study sponsors, and regulatory agencies that document the determinations of the IRB.
- Develop and implement education sessions on topics related to human subjects research protections to IHHN researchers and IRB members.
- Prepare agenda, meeting materials for distribution to IRB members and attend IRB meetings. Prepare meeting minutes for review.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned