Task & Responsibilities
- A professional approach must be adopted with all patients, staff and visitors.
- To record the progress and any event of the patient in HMIS system accordingly following ward rounds or any other patient examinations, communication or procedures.
- To liaise with nursing staff regularly to check on patient progress, or more frequently if their condition necessitates. To see patients at the request of nurse, in charge and, carry out examinations of patients accordingly.
- To discuss medication on discharge with patients and write a discharge summary on discharging of patient.
- All patient's medical information is confidential and must be respected at all levels. Medical Officer shall not leak information at any cost.
- To provide urgent medical attention and urgent treatment to staff or visitors in case of accident or sudden illness in liaison with medical team.
- To comply with all hospital policies and procedures in particular those relating to Health and Safety at Work.